Kyoto media support center


How can I shoot on a road?

You need to specify the road where you wish to shoot, and go through the process of 'Application for Road-Use Permit' to the police having jurisdiction. You must also go through the process of 'Application for Road Occupation Permit' (which is generally required when using the place for 24 consecutive hours or longer) to the jurisdictional civil engineering office where necessary. The Center has no such services as application by proxy. Therefore, you have to apply for those permits yourself.